Thursday, May 28, 2009

Productivity

After a while of discussing life, men (and the weird things they do), school (since we're all teachers), and eating dinner, Lauren, Angie and I settled in and actually got some things accomplished. We popped the movie Juno into the DVD player - I'd never seen it before, and started cutting. It's funny how sometimes it seems like everyone is at the same stage at the same time. It can make things crowded, but I love it!

This week turned out to be super productive for just about everyone. Angie finished cutting her fabrics and laid out 1/4 of her soon to be king sized quilt. Here is the layout she came up with.

Next week, she'll be ready to start sewing the pieces together. I love the colors she has chosen. She's going for a less 'patterned' look, and I think that she's getting her desired effect!

Lauren just bought these fabrics for a quilt she's making for her mom. (She's taking a break from the skirt she got started). She got everything cut in one night, and we worked hard on the layout.


She's still not sure if she's happy with the overall color balance in the layout, but sometimes after an hour of switching fabrics around to make sure two (or three, or four) of the same fabric aren't overlapping, you just need to take a snapshot and put the whole thing away.

Next week, we'll be laying it back out and seeing if we need to move anything around before she starts to sew.

As for me, I took a break from the basket. I don't know if I made it too large, or I'm just needing a change of pace, but I feel like the sides aren't building the way I would like them to, and sometimes once I'm frustrated, I need to just move on for a while and come back. So, it has been added to my unhealthily large pile of unfinished projects. (Is this normal, or is there something wrong with me that I don't finish one thing before moving on to the next?)

Instead, I decided to start a 3 hue log cabin. I'll keep the colors secret for now, but I will say I got all of the center blocks cut and the strips for one color. I'm on my way!

This week was a great time to share "girl thoughts." That's why I love our get-togethers. I think all women need some time together, alone, without the men around.

2 comments:

Danae said...

I never knew you were such a crafter! Keep it up, i love seeing the projects. And I love your hair brown.

In the tent said...

Hi,

With your permission I'd like to add your blog to the blog page of my new quilting directory, Quilt Qua : http://www.quiltqua.com/links/blogs/ You can let me know if you'd like to be included. If you would like to be on the first alpha list, you simply need to let me know you've made mention, or placed a link on your site, back to Quilt Qua. I can send you a graphic if you'd like one for that purpose.

I try to check my lists, but if I've already contacted you, I'm sorry.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Here is info on the latest giveaway: Win: 1 Frosted Memories Fat Quarter Bundle by Holly Taylor for Moda Fabrics ! To enter simply "tell a friend" to spread the word about Quilt Qua. You can send an e-mail to people, post on your blog, comment on someone else's blog, put info in your guild newsletter, etc. Then send an e-mail to: quiltqua@gmail.com and let me know what you did. Enter as often as you wish. Random drawing for the winner will be at 10 pm July 31st. (Feel free to post giveaway info on your site)

Let me know if I've missed your business to list on the web site!

Thank you,
Connie Colten
Quilt Qua
www.quiltqua.com
619-562-0867