Sunday, May 17, 2009

A New Project

Well, now that Angie has finished her first quilt, the baby quilt from my last post, she decided she definitely likes to sew. Yay! So, she is ready to make a quilt for her bedroom...a king sized quilt inspired by one she found at the Pottery Barn. The fabric we chose aren't quite the same, but should help create a similar effect. Here are her chosen fabrics:



The top will be a simple pattern of rectangles in various directions. I will post as soon as we have some cut and laid out. She is hoping for a look that doesn't look too 'patterned'. We'll see what we can do.

In the meantime, I'm still working on my basket. It's getting larger as we speak. I am shooting for a very wide base and short sides as I would like it to hold my scraps and make it easy to sort through them. The only problem... somehow my scrap pile grows even faster than the basket. I guess it's a good thing I like scrappy quilts!

No comments: